Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Whitehorse to Tok

I didn't even know that there WAS a continental time zone past Pacific Time! We are now on Alaskan Daylight Time (AKDT) and are 4 hours behind those of you reading in Ontario.

Fairly long drive today from Whitehorse to Tok, AK. Animals spotted today were a female moose crossing the road in front of us and a meandering black bear that was lumbering along on the shoulder of the highway. We were literally 6 feet  from it and my insane family members were sitting with their windows open taking pictures! I had one foot on the gas pedal ready to gun it and a hand on both front and back power window buttons. And they think I was nuts for jumping out of a plane years ago.... Sheesh.

The Tok School here is a K-12 school with about 11-15 kids per grade. Nice class sizes, but could you imagine going through 13 years of schooling with the SAME classmates? No thanks...

Off to Alyeska Ski Resort tomorrow for a couple of apparently rainy days - so much for the outdoor activities we had planned! I am hoping for the best though... We are looking forward to taking the tram up to the top and hope that the clouds don't ruin the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment